Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TWO YEARS AGO TODAY....

....I FOUND OUT DJ AND I WERE EXPECTING!!!

Holy mackral that went fast! I remember it so vividly the morning I found out!

I woke up early in the morning and decided, "eehh, what the heck, I'll test", expecting full well for the test to read Negative. It was DJ's first month home after being gone for three months and that would have been too easy....but low and behold...the stick had two pink lines instantly!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't believe them so much, that I paced around the house while DJ was still sleeping until the clock turned 7:50 AM....reason being I was going to drive to Target (which opens at 8:00 AM) and purchase another test. I left the house in a mad dash for Target where I purchased another test, a card with teenie tiny feet on them, two pacifiers, an "I Love Daddy" bib and a gift bag. I hurriedly checked out, got home, tested again with a digital test this time, and just like the other test it read in big bold letters....'PREGNANT'. HOLY MACKRAL....IT'S OFFICIAL!! I'm gonna be a Mommy! So I grabbed my bag of Target goodies, wrote a very special message to DJ inside the card and wrapped everything inside the gift bag, including the digital test (Dont worry....the pee part was already in the trash). I crept into our bedroom and gently woke DJ up. We had been with friends the night before and had a late night, so he was groggy to wake up. Once he did, I told him I had a little gift for him and that I'd like him to open it. Once he came to, he was taken back by my "gift gesture" so early in the morning, but bless his heart he did what I asked of him. He started with the card and looked at the cover of two tiny feet on the front and the look of confusion streamed across his face :) . He began to read the card and the final words I wrote in the card were, "I hope you like the site of those teenie tiny feet, because we are going to have a pair of our own....Congratulations, You're going to be a DADDY"! He looked at me, coyishly smiled and said, "are you serious?".... "Yep"....and he tackled me in the bed with a hug that seemed to have lingered for 30 minutes. We both laughed, I cried, he wiped my tears, and we both just basked in the moment of knowing our family of two would soon become THREE!!

Happy "Pregnancy" Anniversary to us :)

9 comments:

Sheena said...

Happy preg-iversary!

Sheena said...

And by the way, your story made me cry. Thanks. ;)

littlebug1107 said...

aww that story made me teary eyed!

Ricky and Sara said...

Aww, you just totally made me cry. I agree with Sheena, Happy Preg-iversary.

Dawn Marie said...

Aw I cannot believe it's already been two years!! I remember you telling us, too! That's such a sweet story, and I bet one day Cade is going to cherish the story!

Molly Darling said...

That made me tear up- how sweet!

Anne said...

Aww Brooke that brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face! What a sweet, sweet story!!

Shannon said...

Awww your story made me tear up! Happy pregnancy anniversary!

angela see said...

You totally made me get teary eyed! Happy pregiversary :) Cade is such a ham!