Today was a big day for both Mommy and Cade.
After work today I went to pick Cade up from daycare and his classroom was outside playing. Now that the weather has actually turned nice, these little munchkins can't WAIT to get outside and burn off that winter energy. Cade was in the tree house "playing" hide and seek with the teacher. They were playing with squirt water bottles and he had found his safe spot...his "base" from getting squirted. Well he saw me out from the corner of his eye and literally slid down the slide all by himself, to get to me, then booked it in his quick little-legged run to me, literally running and laughing and squealing to get to me. I LOVE THAT!! IT MAKES MY WHOLE DAY!! I risk getting a ticket when I get off of work, speeding to get to my little man. I CANT WAIT TO GET TO HIM TO FEEL THAT WAY....that he wants ME...his Mommy! Anywho (proud Mommy moment), so I scooped him up, he gave me a great big ole hug, then turned to his teachers and started waving goodbye, then said, "BYEE BYEEE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY SAID IT ...THERE WAS NO MISTAKING IT....THE FULL WORDS "BYE BYE"! It was the cutest thing ever!!! He has never said the words before, let alone do the correct hand gesture along with it!! It blew me away!! I was so happy!! I got all misty eyed because our little man is learning the concepts for certain words, truly beginning to understand and is starting to talk!!! I couldnt believe it! All the teachers outside were like, "OH MY GOSHHH!!!" We all loved it!!! The entire room broke out into a unison, "Awwww". Ahhh, what a moment!
It amazes me every day how much this little person, this little man, MY SON, can steal my heart with the simplest look, hug, WORD! God has certainly blessed me and I am forever grateful.
2 comments:
That is such a sweet story Brooke!
Aww Brooke, that brought tears to my eyes while reading it! What a sweet, sweet little man you have. Thank you for sharing that story :)
Post a Comment