I can't believe my little peanut is 20 months old now!! Where did my 6 lb baby go?!?!

He is now a strong, talkative, full out running, full of life and wonder and personality! Cade is such a strong willed child who knows exactly what he wants and when he wants it....and I wouldn't have it any other way. He is his own person, yet still a perfect combination of DJ and I. Cade is emotional like me and strong like DJ. He is tender and tough...what more could a Momma ask for?!
So much has changed since we brought him home from the hospital. This fragile, helpless, being has grown so fast, learned so much...tugs at my heart strings every moment! Cade has made our family more complete than I could have ever imagined. He is our blessing. DJ and I watch him in awe as he discovers his abilities and learns his limitations.
It's been an amazing holiday season! DJ was able to be home for all of it! Which made it even more special as a WHOLE family! Thanksgiving was spent with my brother, who came out to visit us, and our "Washington Family" and it was perfect. Games, turkey, laughter and love, a great combination! Spending time with my brother and watching him in "Uncle from" was incredible to watch. They were two peas in a pod together. Priceless moments. Then Christmas was special, as it was our first Christmas spent as the three of us. DJ and I spent Christmas Eve with our Washington family eating baked ziti, watching football and talking until too late :) Then DJ and I finished up our wrapping of presents, drinking hot chocolate with the hum of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on in the background. With only the glow of the Christmas tree for light. We all fell asleep and awaited Santa's arrival. Christmas morning was an early morning as Cade's internal alarm clock (regardless of day) is between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. So this morning, it was 6:00 AM ready to start the day. We tore through our stockings and onto the presents. I think Cade was a bit overwhelmed and not quite at the stage of understanding why Mommy and Daddy were sitting on the floor ripping paper. hehehehe. But he got as involved as he could for a 20 month old. Here are some pictures if you'd like to see:
It's been an amazing holiday season! DJ was able to be home for all of it! Which made it even more special as a WHOLE family! Thanksgiving was spent with my brother, who came out to visit us, and our "Washington Family" and it was perfect. Games, turkey, laughter and love, a great combination! Spending time with my brother and watching him in "Uncle from" was incredible to watch. They were two peas in a pod together. Priceless moments. Then Christmas was special, as it was our first Christmas spent as the three of us. DJ and I spent Christmas Eve with our Washington family eating baked ziti, watching football and talking until too late :) Then DJ and I finished up our wrapping of presents, drinking hot chocolate with the hum of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on in the background. With only the glow of the Christmas tree for light. We all fell asleep and awaited Santa's arrival. Christmas morning was an early morning as Cade's internal alarm clock (regardless of day) is between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. So this morning, it was 6:00 AM ready to start the day. We tore through our stockings and onto the presents. I think Cade was a bit overwhelmed and not quite at the stage of understanding why Mommy and Daddy were sitting on the floor ripping paper. hehehehe. But he got as involved as he could for a 20 month old. Here are some pictures if you'd like to see:
It was bittersweet though. This was the first Christmas that we spent without going home to Florida, or our families coming up. DJ and I had moments of "I wonder what they are up to, how did the Elephant Exchange go, I wonder what they got for Christmas" etc etc. We had moments of sadness missing our families, but then Cade would do something funny, and we focused on the fact that we could be together as a family to share in each others' excitement. It's tough being away from family, but it's also a blessing knowing we are making memories and traditions of our own too. There is always next year.....to incorporate everyone together....
HERE'S TO A SOUTH CAROLINA CHRISTMAS NEXT YEAR!!! (we hope) :)
1 comment:
:) I'm hoping that you have a SC Christmas next year, too. But more for selfish reasons!
Love ya!
Post a Comment